Invitae will perform family variant testing for all blood relatives of the original family member that received a pathogenic or likely pathogenic result through Invitae. Orders must be placed within 90 calendar days of the original family member’s test report. After 90 days, family variant testing can be submitted for reimbursement to your insurance company, or is available at a reduced cost.
Articles in this section
- How can I learn more about the medical condition in my family?
- How do I get family variant testing?
- How much does family variant testing cost?
- Are family members of patients who utilize the Patient Assistance Program (PAP) eligible for family variant testing?
- Are carriers eligible for family variant testing?
- What is the cost for family variant testing beyond the 90 days?
- Is exome eligible for family variant testing?
- Should minors get genetic testing?
- Will getting genetic testing have implications on my health, life, or disability insurance?