There are laws, such as the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), that protect patients from genetic discrimination. To learn more about these laws, please visit ginahelp.org.
Articles in this section
- How can I learn more about the medical condition in my family?
- How do I get family variant testing?
- How much does family variant testing cost?
- Are family members of patients who utilize the Patient Assistance Program (PAP) eligible for family variant testing?
- Are carriers eligible for family variant testing?
- What is the cost for family variant testing beyond the 90 days?
- Is exome eligible for family variant testing?
- Should minors get genetic testing?
- Will getting genetic testing have implications on my health, life, or disability insurance?