Due to the potential health implications of this test, Invitae proactive tests must be ordered by a doctor. Print this letter and take it to your doctor to request an Invitae proactive screen and order a specimen collection kit. Provide a blood sample at your doctor’s office or a saliva sample at home. Once our lab receives your sample, your doctor will receive your results within 10 to 21 days. Make sure to sign up for an account to track the progress of your test and receive a notification when your results are ready.
Articles in this section
- What are Invitae’s proactive health tests?
- What if I don’t have a family history of a genetic disease?
- How will this type of genetic testing help me with my current and future healthcare?
- Will this test tell me about my diabetes risk, weight loss potential, or other conditions like celiac disease?
- How is this genetic test different from other genetic tests that I’ve heard about?
- How can this test result affect the health of my current and future family members?
- Is there genetic counseling support if I have questions before or after my testing takes place?
- How do I order Invitae’s proactive health tests?
- How much do Invitae’s proactive health tests cost?
- What is carrier status in my proactive health test?