Please refer to our website on how to get a genetic test. If your first-degree relative was tested at Invitae and a disease-causing variant was identified, you are eligible for testing for that variant at no additional charge. Your healthcare provider must place your order within 90 days of the original patient’s test report date and must have your relative’s order number “RQ number” on hand when ordering. Refer to our Family Variant Testing page for more details.
Articles in this section
- How do I get family variant testing?
- Who is considered a first degree relative?
- Are family members of patients who utilize the Patient Assistance Program (PAP) eligible for family variant testing at no additional cost?
- Are carriers eligible for family variant testing at no additional charge?
- What is the cost for family variant testing beyond the 90 days?
- Is exome eligible for family variant testing at no additional cost?