Scientific data has shown that regardless of family history, many healthy individuals may be at risk for carrying a disease-causing genetic change without knowing it. In addition, every person has some degree of risk for having genetic conditions or passing risks on to their children. Proactive testing may be appropriate if you are motivated to understand this risk.
Articles in this section
- What is the Invitae Genetic Health Screen?
- How will this type of genetic testing help me with my current and future healthcare?
- What if I don’t have a family history of a genetic disease?
- Will this test tell me about my diabetes risk, weight loss potential, or other conditions like celiac disease?
- How is this genetic test different from other genetic tests that I’ve heard about?
- How can this test result affect the health of my current and future family members?
- Is there genetic counseling support if I have questions before or after my testing takes place?