You may receive an explanation of benefits (EOB) from your insurance company in the mail. This is not a bill. In most cases, Invitae will also receive this letter and will handle any appeals process. If your insurance company does not send the EOB to Invitae, we may request a copy of it from you. If there is an outstanding balance at the end of this process, you will receive a bill from Invitae along with instructions on how to pay.
Articles in this section
- Is Invitae’s genetic testing covered by insurance in the US?
- Is Invitae’s genetic testing covered by insurance outside of the US?
- What will my out-of-pocket cost be?
- How do I pay my insurance deductible or out-of-pocket cost?
- I received an explanation of benefits (EOB) from my insurance company. Is this a bill?
- What should I do if I receive a check from my insurance company?