Consultation with a genetic counselor is available to patients who undergo hereditary cancer testing at Invitae. Our experienced, board-certified genetic counselors are available by telephone to answer patients’ questions about genetic testing and genetic test results. Patients also have the option to schedule a more comprehensive post-test genetic counseling session specific to their own medical and family histories, if desired. There is no additional charge for patients to access any of these services.
Articles in this section
- What is a genetic counselor?
- Does Invitae offer genetic counseling services?
- Is there a charge for Invitae’s genetic counseling services?
- Are genetic counseling services provided for patients undergoing all types of Invitae tests?
- How can I reach an Invitae genetic counselor?
- What should I expect when I call 800-436-3037?
- Are genetic counseling services provided in languages other than English?