Genetic counselors are healthcare providers specifically trained in medical genetics; they are experts at explaining complex genetic concepts and analyzing family history to understand disease risk. They also help people understand what their genetic test results mean for themselves and family members.
Articles in this section
- What is a genetic counselor?
- Does Invitae offer genetic counseling services?
- Is there a charge for Invitae’s genetic counseling services?
- Are genetic counseling services provided for patients undergoing all types of Invitae tests?
- How can I reach an Invitae genetic counselor?
- What should I expect when I call 800-436-3037?
- What genetics terms may be used during my genetic counseling session?
- Are genetic counseling services provided in languages other than English?