Invitae’s mission is to make high-quality genetic testing affordable and accessible through every stage of life.
Adult-onset and pediatric disorders
Invitae offers both diagnostic and predictive testing for patients who may have a genetic condition or whose family medical history suggests that they may be facing an increased risk of a genetic condition compared with someone in the general population. Diagnostic testing is ordered when your healthcare provider wishes to confirm or rule out a disorder based on your symptoms. Predictive testing is ordered when your healthcare provider is concerned that you may be at increased risk for a genetic condition, even if you aren’t currently showing symptoms. If you have a family history of a specific disease that may be inherited—whether it’s a rare inherited illness or a more common one, like cancer—your doctor may recommend predictive testing to help clarify your risk of developing the disease in the future.
Invitae’s genetic health screens are a proactive option for healthy adults who want to understand their DNA and focus on prevention. Test results have a clear medical basis and are clinically actionable. To view our complete proactive offering, please visit our proactive testing page.
Reproductive and family health testing
Invitae offers a range of reproductive and family health testing options. These include:
- Carrier screening to determine the risk of passing a genetic condition on to a child, providing actionable next steps for a couple's reproductive journey
- Preimplantation genetic testing to identify appropriate embryos for transfer and optimize IVF outcomes
- Prenatal diagnostic testing is to evaluate a pregnancy for fetal chromosomal abnormalities
- Pregnancy loss analysis to determine if a miscarriage, fetal death, or stillbirth was due to a fetal chromosomal abnormality
- Non-invasive prenatal screening (NIPS) to determine if your child has an increased risk for common genetic conditions, like Down Syndrome